A Class Divided

Saturday, June 1, 2019

 
It’s hard to believe the 2018-2019 school year has come to a close!  Our year was filled with moments of growing and learning, sharing and caring, and shining and leading.  I’ll be honest, when I first learned about sharing a room, I wasn’t too thrilled. After all, it could only be better than what I had encountered last school year, where I shared a room with 3 different people.  At one point our room looked like a storage room with everything scattered all over the tables and floor!  During the week, lots of love and care was spent putting our room together. I remember insisting that you bring something to make the room feel like yours, not just mine.  Your Big XII pennants, which this TCU girl absolutely loved, brought more peace than I ever realize I needed. Room 103 & Portable 12 soon became our room, where we each led by example for both our students and coworkers.  


With the excitement of a new school year and adjusting to our busy schedules,  a friendship began to bloom! A friendship that is built on faith, laughter and accountability and continues to flourish each and everyday.  


 As we both know, being in athletics is a time where we as coaches pour our energy into our athletes, helping them become both an athlete on the field and a leader in the classroom. From the beginning of football season, I saw a coach who was dedicated to molding our boys and not just in it for the W.  Watching you on the sideline, as you coached the boys, I saw a man who turned failures into teaching moments, as well as using successes as building blocks. You truly allowed the Lord to shine through your words and actions! 


Thank you for being a positive influence in our lives.  Thank you for teaching our kids to be good sports, to be good people and to treat others with respect.  Most of all, thank you for loving our kids, because that is what being a patient, kind, and positive coach is really all about.
                  
Thank you for giving everything you have to make our kids better, myself a better teacher and person,  and even more importantly for being a man of God, both on the field and in the classroom!

No comments