A Year in Review

Saturday, June 2, 2018


Much to my surprise, it's been almost an entire school year of not writing about the learning that took place during the 2017-2018 school year!  This school year brought not only instructional curve balls, but also a few personal curve balls.  On December 2, 2017, I lost my father.  Though not a complete surprise, it still brought change and self-reflection.  Today marks 6 months since his passing.  6 months of personal growth and reflection on being the best possible instructional leader I can be for my school community.  It was the learners of room 1215, 2211 and 1419 (yes three classrooms for five classes) that kept me smiling, growing and learning!

During this school year, I was able to help my fellow teachers embrace project-based learning, participate in our district's leadership program, LEAP and most of all, fall in love with being a teacher!  Because my dad loved hearing about what was happening in our classroom, I'm using this summer to update our blog and will share about the incredible learning opportunities my students experienced during the 2017-2018 school year!

No comments