Digital Learning Day 2017

Sunday, April 2, 2017
You can learning more about the day here:  http://www.digitallearningday.org/
Thursday, February 23, the learners in Room 27 embarked on a new learning adventure...Digital Learning Day 2017!  I first heard about this learning opportunity as a I scrolled through my Twitter feed.  Following one of my favorite authors, Eric Sheninger, (@e_sheninger), I immediately reached out to my NRMS teachers, when I saw his tweet about Digital Learning Day!


With the help of our awesome librarian, Mrs. Pursley, learners embarked on a day of working with Spheroes and coding.  She had the library set up and ready for our learners with obstacles created out of painters tape and computers turned on ready for coding to begin once the 8:40 bell rang!


Students were given the option of continuing to work on computer coding or work with Spheroes.  Most chose to work with the Sphereos since they had never had an opportunity to do so. A Sphero is a robotic ball gaming device that you control with a tilt, touch or swing of your smartphone or tablet.


While most learners were working with Spheroes, some continued to explore coding, after our initial experience with coding during Hour of Code!  

Throughout the day, teachers would stop by the library to check out what we were working on.  Learners loved teaching the NRMS teachers how to use the various digital devices!    

Throughout the day, learners helped me learn about creating videos and photos using a green screen!  I made photo booth props for our day which added to the excitement of our day. 
 


Below is one of the videos that was created by the learners of Room 27! 


No comments